Thursday, May 19, 2011

Yoga...works!

Ok, I'm not an expert here but I recently started doing yoga. There are so many health benefits that it just keeps me wanting to learn more about it. I love fitness and health stuff so this is right up my ally. I admit, I never liked it until now. I thought it was a boring waste of time but, OH was I WRONG! Here are just a few of the benefits that practicing yoga provides:

1. RELAX
2. Flexibility
3. Balance
4. Posture
5. Strengthen muscles

Now here's 3  reasons you should do it:
1. It can happen anywhere- you can strike a pose while you're home watching TV or at work after sitting in your office chair for 8 hours. No equiptment required...just a soft floor or mat.
2. Its fun- as you continue your practice you will want to move on to the next level. Challenge yourself and watch your body improve.
3. It can't hurt- instead of putting strain on your joints loosen your muscles by stretching them. Aches and pains will go away!
http://www.yogajournal.com/health/1634

After reading this, I'm sure you are dying to do yoga now. So I will leave you with one of the first poses that I learned. Its basic, its balanced, its beautiful...Downward-facing dog:

"It both strengthens and stretches your entire body and requires you to balance the effort in your arms, torso, and legs so you don't overburden any one area." Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment